Holiday Kick-Off Celebration
Share the holiday spirit with the Be a Santa to a Senior service program! It’s a way to brighten the lives of lonely or isolated seniors in your community. This program has touched so many lives… in the last five years, 60,000 volunteers delivered more than one million gifts to 660,000 seniors.
The purpose of Home Instead Senior Care’s community service program Be a Santa to a Senior®
is to positively impact the community by providing holiday cheer and gift giving to seniors
who are least likely to receive a present during the holiday season, are lonely and financially challenged.
- Home Instead Senior Care is developing a Be a Santa to a Senior partnership committee consisting of community leaders and non-profit organizations such as yours.
- The committee will enlist your organization to provide names of seniors as well as gift ideas for each senior.
- Local merchants will place a Christmas tree inside their stores from November 1st – December 8th.
- Volunteers will write the first name or code name of the participating senior, and their gift preferences, on a Be a Santa to a Senior bulb. Each bulb will be placed on the Christmas tree.
- Merchant customers will pull bulb from the tree and purchase the gift(s) for the specific senior listed on the bulb. The gifts and corresponding bulb will be grouped together and placed in the designated area in the store.
- Gift ideas include functional clothing like slippers, socks or gloves. Other gift ideas include hand lotion, toiletry items, a nice pen and stationery including stamps or a pre-paid phone card.
- Program volunteers will regularly collect gifts and refresh tree bulbs as needed.
The final gifts will be collected on December 8th.
- Committee members and volunteers will host a gift wrapping party on December 13th and distribute gifts to each senior December 16th – 20th.
Each year, the Be a Santa to a Senior program receives enthusiastic reception by community leaders. Television and newspaper attention about the program help heighten a greater awareness of senior care issues.
Your participation is greatly appreciated.
Betsy & Christian Miller (904) 215-8520 Home Instead Senior Care. 71 College Drive. Orange Park, FL 32065